Have you looked outside? It's windy, it's raining, it's utterly unpleasant. It's the kind of night that screams out for comfort food, for meals I can assemble quickly and count on to deliver exactly what I expect of them. I have a repertoire of eight to ten of these dinners, Go To meals that always hit the spot. Tonight was a perfect night for the perennial fave, the always glam...turkey meatloaf.
Okay, so it's not sexy, but it's so good.
My turkey meatloaf takes all of seven minutes to make:
- Preheat oven to 425
- season 1lb of ground turkey with salt and pepper
- add 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- add 1 medium red onion, diced
- add 1 egg
- add apprx 2/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- mix the whole mess together, pat into loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes
Serve with something green, so that your plate is not depressingly tan, but don't be alarmed if two people somehow polish off the whole loaf in one sitting.
Ooh, I like a glass of pinot gris or riesling with the meatloaf. And, if there are leftovers, they are spectacular on crusty bread with mayo.