Eeep. It's not that I haven't been cooking or that I haven't been restaurant-ing; I've just been very very lazy and not written a word in weeks! Everyone needs a little hiatus now and then...
Highlights of the past few weeks:
- Chocolate-chip walnut cookies from Levain Bakery
- The B'stilla from Epices on w.70th
- Patsy's pizza just around the corner from me
- Chicken roasted with olives, tomatoes, orange zest and generous amounts of Herbes de Provence
- A yummy Easter frittata with apple, potato, sausage and onion
- Delicios vegan fare (it exists!) at Blossom
- ...especially the chocolate avacado terrine, which sounds odd but is delicious and makes perfect sense when you see it
- My favorite beet, orange, pine nut and ricotta salata salad from Inoteca
- A fantastic French burgandy for $13, with both a screw-cap AND a label bearing the words 'Pinot Noir'!
- Many pieces of Grandaisy's pizza; I am partial to the cauliflower and the tomato
- Le Pain Quotidien's baguette
...and hopefully, much more to come...